We want to start numbering a document with number 1 but this is another page of the document compared to the first one.
1.Start by clicking ¶ on the Home menu to display the section break.
2. Place the cursor after the text on the page that should be the last one without a page number, for example the table of contents.
3. Click on the Layout tab. Select Breaks → Sections Breaks → Next Page.
4. Place the cursor on the page where the page numbering should start (that is section two in the document).
5. Click on the Insert tab and Page Number. Select position and style for the pagination.
6. Click on the bottom of the page to activate the Header & Footer menu. Check that Different First Page is unchecked.
8. Select Format Page Numbers… → Page numbering → Start at and add 1.