DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) created by Microsoft that handles tasks related to multimedia. It basically allows the operating system to work smoothly with the graphics and audio hardware of your computer. There are times however when this can get broken and the only way to fix it is be reinstalling it
Pasi de urmat
Repair installing DirectX using the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
- When the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer has been downloaded go to where you saved it and run it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and the downloaded installer will unpack all of the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer‘s files and place them in a directory of your choosing.
- Go to the folder you had the downloaded installer unpack the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer‘s files to locate a file named DXSETP.exe and double-click on it to run it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and prompts to get through the wizard, at the end of which the DirectX on your computer will be successfully repaired/reinstalled.
This is the first method on how to reinstall DirectX on Windows 10.
Rollback DirectX then update it
- Press the Windows Logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, click on the DirectX subkey under the Microsoft key to have its contents displayed in the right pane.
- In the right pane of the Registry Editor, locate a registry value titled Version and double-click on it to Modify it.
- Replace the version number in the Value data field with an older version and click on OK. Doing so will roll back the version of DirectX you have on your computer to an older version.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Try to install DirectX using the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
This is the second method on how to reinstall DirectX on Windows 10.