While smart light brands usually have their own iOS apps, using Siri’s voice control functionality to control your lights is simple and convenient.
- Open the Home app.
- Go to the Home tab, if you don’t start there.
- Tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select Add Accessory.
Use the camera on your iOS device to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code or QR code that came with your lights and follow the on-screen instructions to add it to your network.
- Next, make sure Siri is active on your iPhone.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Siri & Search.
- Make sure Listen for “Hey Siri” is toggled on so you can use your voice to control your lights.
Now that your lights are part of the Home app and Siri is activated, you can use voice commands to control your lights. For example, say, “Hey Siri,” and then “Turn on the lights.” If you have multiple smart lights or lights set up in different rooms, you can be more specific with your request. For example, say, “Turn on the living room lights,” or “Turn off the bathroom light.”
If you have color smart lights, you can also ask Siri to set those lights to a specific hue. For example, you can say, “Turn the kitchen lights to green.” To turn off the lights, simply activate Siri and say, “Turn off the lights.”