We connect to so many WiFi networks on our phone, most of which are password protected to prevent misuse by unauthorized users. As we connect to so many password protected WiFi networks, we may not remember the password for each WiFi network.
If you want to share the WiFi’s password with your friend or if you want to enter it on one of your other devices, you will be forced to ask someone for the password. If you are unable to find out the password yourself, do not worry as your phone remembers the passwords of all the WiFi networks that you have connected to.
While the phone stores all these passwords, you cannot access them yourself as the stored WiFi passwords are not visible to the user. To remedy this, a developer has created an app called WiFi Key Recovery, which works on rooted devices only. This app allows you to see the passwords of all the WiFi devices you have connected to.
- Rooted Android device
- WiFi Key Recovery app
- Past WiFi connections
If you have a rooted Android device, it is quite simple to find out the passwords of WiFi networks that you have connected with earlier. Let’s take a look at how you can find out these passwords.
- First, you need a rooted Android phone.
- Now, install the WiFi Key Recovery app from the Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app, launch the app.
- The app will ask you to grant it permission for Superuser access, click on Grant.
- Once you click on Grant, the app will show you a list of WiFi networks along with their passwords.
- You can either copy a particular network’s password, copy all passwords or get a QR code which can be scanned by other users to find out the password.
- If you have many WiFi networks and want to quickly find out the password for a particular network without having to scroll, this can be done by simply using the Quick search option available at the top.
- Another handy feature of this app is that it allows the user to share the passwords with other users using Android’s built-in sharing system.
- Apart from this, you can also save your WiFi networks along with the passwords as a file in your phone.
- To use either sharing or saving, click on the three dots at the bottom.
Using this simple app, you can know the password of WiFi networks that you have connected to in the past. This is one of the simplest methods of finding the WiFi password of a network which you have connected to in the past but no longer remember the password.