While printing something on Windows 11/10 computer, if your system shows an error message saying splwow64.exe – System Error, you can fix it using this guide. As it stops users from printing documents or images, you need to fix this issue in order to continue using your regular PC features.
Pasi de urmat
Disable rendering print jobs on client computers
As this problem mainly occurs when you share a printer with multiple computers in a local network, you need to render the print jobs on the main PC to get rid of this error. By default, your shared printer renders all printing jobs on the client computer or on the computer used to print a document or anything else. To make the change, follow these steps:
- At first, search for “control panel” and open the traditional Control Panel on your computer. Make sure the view is set as Large icons. If not, change the view and click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Here you can see all your connected printers. Right-click on the printer, which is creating the issue, and select the Printer properties option.
- Switch to the Sharing tab and uncheck the Render print jobs on client computers box.
- At last, click the Apply and OK button to save the change.
Change splwow64.exe timeout value in Registry
- Press Win+R, type
regeditand hit the Enter
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print
- Right-click on Print and select the New > DWORD (32-bit) option to create a REG_DWORD value.
- Name it as SplWOW64TimeOutSeconds.
- Now, double-click on SplWOW64TimeOutSeconds to change the Value data.
*The default value data is 120. However, it is recommended to set something less than 120. You can enter 60 and check if it solves your issue or not.
- Click the OK button to the change.
- Restart your computer.
Restart Print Spooler
- Open the Services window – search for “services” in the Taskbar search box, and click on the individual result.
- Find out the Print Spooler service and double-click on it.
- It keeps running automatically. To disable or stop this service, click on the Stop button visible under the Service status label. It may take a couple of seconds to complete the task.
- Once done, you can click on Start.
- Close the open tabs and try to resume the process.