When trying to launch Dragon NaturallySpeaking on Windows, the following error message may appear:
“Failed to launch UI automation server”.
This error is caused by User Account Control (UAC) being in an unstable state.
Pasi de urmat
To confirm that User Account Control is set correctly:
- Close all applications.
- Click “Start > Control Panel”.
- Click “Classic View”.
- Click “User Accounts”.
- Click “Turn User Account Control on or off”.
- Click the “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer” checkbox (to turn this option to the opposite of what it is currently set to).
- Click “OK” to apply the changes.
- Restart the system.
If User Account Control is now disabled, follow the above steps again so that this option is set to “Enabled”.
- Open the Registry Editor by clicking “Start > Run”, then type in “regedit” without the quotes and click “OK”.
- Export a backup copy of your Registry in case problems occur during the following procedures by clicking “File > Export”.
- Save this file to the Windows Desktop and name the file “backup”. (Keep “backup” for a few days and if there are no issues, this file can be deleted.)
To check for the required value in the Windows registry:
- Navigate to the follow registry path:
- Verify if there is an “EnableLUA” registry key is listed.
- Note: If the “EnableLUA” key exists, proceed to Step 5. If the “EnableLUA” key does not exist, proceed with Step 3.
- Create a new registry entry by right clicking on the registry editor window and selecting “New > DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
- Rename the new value to: EnableLUA
- Double-click the “EnableLUA” entry and set the “Value Data” to “1”.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart the computer if prompted.
Now UAC will be correctly enabled and no longer in an unstable state.