How to Cancel YouTube TV From the Web
The easiest way to unsubscribe from YouTube TV is from the streaming service’s desktop website using your Windows 10, Mac, or Linux computer. Once the page loads, click on your avatar in the top-right corner of the site.
Select the “Settings” button from the drop-down menu.
Next, click the “Manage” button found next to the Base Plan listing.
YouTube TV is now going to start fighting to keep you as a customer. On this page, it will offer the option to pause your membership for several weeks instead of losing you altogether.
- If you’re set on unsubscribing, select the “Cancel” link.
Choose one of the provided reasons as to why you’re leaving the live TV service and then select the “Continue Canceling” button to proceed.
- Be aware that if you choose “Other,” you will be asked to write an in-depth reason for your departure.
- Finally, you can click the “Yes, Cancel” button to close your YouTube TV account permanently.
How to Cancel YouTube TV From the Mobile App
If you don’t have your computer nearby, you can also unsubscribe from the YouTube TV app for Android. Unfortunately, the feature isn’t available on the iPhone or iPad app, but it can be done from the mobile website.
With the YouTube TV app open, tap on your avatar in the top-right corner of the interface.
From the menu, select the “Settings” option.
Tap the “Membership” option.
Select the “Manage” button found next to the Base Plan listing.
If you’re having second thoughts about ending your subscription, you can choose to pause your membership for a set number of weeks. If not, tap the “Cancel” link to proceed.
Choose one of the preset reasons to share why you’re canceling your YouTube TV subscription.
- If you choose the “Other” option, you will be asked to write out an in-depth reason.
- The streaming service will once again offer to pause your membership. Select the “Continue Canceling” button to advance.
You will be presented with the final cancellation screen. YouTube TV will list out everything you will miss out on if you unsubscribe from the service. Tap the “Yes, Cancel” button one last time to terminate your monthly subscription.