How to Sum Columns or Rows in Google Sheets
You can also use a menu to enter a function instead of typing it. Here’s how to do it.
- Enter the data, then select the cell in which you want the sum to appear.
- Click or tap the Function button.
- On the desktop version of Google Sheets, Function is on the right side of the formatting bar and looks like the Greek letter sigma (∑)
- In the list of function categories, tap Math.
- The Function menu on the desktop version of Google Sheets contains a few commonly used formulas. SUM may be on that list.
- The functions appear alphabetically. Scroll down, then tap SUM.
- In the spreadsheet, enter the range of numbers you want to add together.