If you have a device enrolled in the Windows 11 Dev or Beta Channels of the Windows Insider Program, you probably noticed that during the last update to build 22449 and build 22000.176, the Start menu and Taskbar were unresponsive, and Settings and other elements of the OS were not loading.
According to Microsoft, this issue occurred because of a server-side deployment (which it’s not detailing) and canceled that deployment. In the case that you came across this problem, the company has issued a workaround to get Windows 11 back to normal.
Fix Windows 11 Dev and Beta unresponsive problems
To fix the Start, Taskbar, Settings, and other problems on Windows 11 build 22449 or build 22000.176, use these steps:
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut to open Task Manager.
- Click the More details option (if applicable).
- Click the File menu and select the Run new task option.
- Type the following command and click the OK button:
- Type the following command to fix the Windows 11 problems and press Enter:
reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
Once you complete the steps, the computer will restart automatically, returning Windows 11 to its normal state.