Why would you do that, you may ask? Well if you are like me, some updates may mess with your pc, in some cases if wont even work after an update. In my case i preffer to delay the updates so it wont mess with my workflow.
Usually, it’s not necessary to disable the Windows Update settings permanently. If you want to skip an update, you can pause updates until the day you want to apply them. Using the Settings app, you can stop system updates for up to 35 days on Windows 10 Pro or Home.
Pasi de urmat
For a temporary delay to the updates use this method.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Advanced options button.
- Under the “Pause updates” sections, use the drop-down menu and select how long to disable updates.
To disable automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit.msc and click the top result to launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- Double-click the Configure Automatic Updates policy on the right side.
- Check the Disabled option to turn off the policy and disable automatic updates permanently.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
After you complete the steps, Windows 10 will stop downloading updates automatically on the device. However, the ability to check for updates manually will continue to be available in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. While on the page, you need to click the Check for updates button to download and install the most recent patches.
If you want to re-enable automatic updates on the device, you can use the same instructions outlined above, but on step No. 5, make sure to select the Not Configured option.