Whenever you need to dig out a long-forgotten password for a specific website, Chrome has got your back. But only if you previously allowed it to save your password. Below, you’ll find steps on how to view your Chrome saved passwords across devices.
View Your Google Chrome Saved Passwords on Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, and Linux
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer and click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will open the Chrome menu.
- Now, select the Settings option.
Note: Another way to access the Settings page is by typing “chrome://settings” in Chrome’s address bar.
- Scroll down to the Autofill section of the Settings page and click on Passwords. This will open the password manager.
- You’ll see a list of all websites you previously allowed Chrome to save passwords for. Your passwords will appear as series of dots.
- To reveal a specific password, click on the eye icon next to it.
- You’ll receive a prompt asking you to enter your OS username or password. Follow the instructions for the password to appear.
- When you no longer need access to it, click on the eye icon again to hide the password.